Gorgoroth..

http://forum.infernofestival.net/Topic4432.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By jesushotrod - 1/30/2008 2:06:43 PM
I reckon this is the shitty, backstabbin Gorgoroth, not the real thing, right?
By Sadomasochrist - 1/30/2008 2:20:35 PM
Sure is. Let's all throw our drinks at King Laugh
By jesushotrod - 1/30/2008 2:22:52 PM
Yeah, that fucking poser deserves it! Smile Or actually they deserve a boycott I guess
By Kaiser86 - 1/30/2008 3:38:51 PM
They're the better version, those who write the music. Gorgoroth without Gaahl? Doubtful....
Infernus started the band, but didn't take care of it. Eventually those who did took over and removed whoever was ruining it.
He should have been more careful instead of being a whiny bitch....
By Midnyte - 1/30/2008 4:21:24 PM
I have to fully agree with Karl here.

King and Gaahl have been the driving force of Gorgoroth for the last two albums.

While King and Gaahl were at the Ad Majorem listening in Oslo in 2006, where was Infernus? I didn't see him there.

King has been busting his *** to promote Gorgoroth, even when he technically wasn't a member, he was at NAMM promoting the album because it was his work, doing interviews because it was his work. And his work got them a damned Grammy nomination.

These two have the right to the name in my opinion as they're the ones doing all the work.

Let Infernus whine and bitch all he wants, it's all he's good at anymore. You ever stop and wonder why there have been soooo many session members? Maybe he's a complete *** to work with.

I mean come on, look at the recording lineup for Destroyer...

Recording line-up:

Ares - Bass
Daimonion - Synth
Frost - Drums
Gaahl - Vocals
Infernus - Guitars
Pest - Vocals
Tormentor - Guitars
T-Reaper - Vocals
Vrolok - Drums

Three different vocalists, two different drummers?? That's a bit overkill. Even Antichrist had both Hat and Pest doing vocals.

I love and have great respect for Gorgoroth's earlier albums, but Ad Majorem is my favorite of all their work. They're growing, maturing in their music, and it shows.

I'm going to go, and I'm going to enjoy seeing Gorgoroth, they're the band I've been dreaming of seeing for years. For me, they are this year's Emperor.
By Knuð - 1/30/2008 6:05:35 PM
Well, Infernus still wrote the music for "Pentagram", and that is their best release in my opinion. And it is not Gaahl who defines Gorgoroth. But I am going of course, even though I probably won't be hearing anything from their best release.
By jesushotrod - 1/30/2008 7:05:19 PM
That's silly arguments. It's backstabbing. As easy as that. They could've formed their own band. Gorgoroth was WAAAY better in the early 90's than now.

Anyways, I don't care THAT much. Not a very big Gorgoroth fan, but this issue pisses me off. It happened to Nocturnus too actually: the drummer + guitarist (original members) got kicked out after the other NOT ORIGINAL members applied for the name/trademark or whatever. It's a disgrace. It's not hard to understand I think
By Baletempest - 2/3/2008 2:30:14 PM
It's equally backstabbing to do none of the work and reap all of the praise. If it isn't Gorgoroth without Infernus, then Gorgoroth has been dead for 8 years anyway, if they'd kicked him out then and got session members they'd still have produced the same albums. He's long since lost all rights to complain about anything because frankly very few bands would have the patience to keep a deadweight member for 8 years. OK, In his time he did some great things but if he had any dignity then he would have gone to rest on his laurels rather than flogging an established name on some-one else's coat tails... how is that not posing?

Bottom line: Infernus gave King the name when he gave him creative control of the band.
By Runespawn - 2/3/2008 11:32:21 PM
Have to agree with Bale, there. The one who writes the songs deserves the rewards. Although they did say that they (Gaahl and King) were considering changing their name, what happened with that?
By Invokation - 2/12/2008 5:42:40 PM
Both Gorgoroth Versions are shit when it comes to a concert...I don't know why anybody says Gorgoroth is a good live band, the Sound always sucks even that way that you can't even tell what song they are playing right now...and 2nd, their last good record was Destroyer, everything after this release was at its best (incipit satan) below mediocre...King shall lay down his instruments and teach his primary-school children! He never wrote good music, even Sagh are just a mediocre Stoner Band, there exist so much better bands than this one...As I already said, I cannot think good of booking "The Force Gorgoroth", they SUCK! And if gaahl personaly comes and asks me, I'll tell this fuckin cowhead!
By Indoctrin - 2/12/2008 9:12:36 PM
Invokation (12.02.2008)
Both Gorgoroth Versions are shit when it comes to a concert...I don't know why anybody says Gorgoroth is a good live band, the Sound always sucks even that way that you can't even tell what song they are playing right now...and 2nd, their last good record was Destroyer, everything after this release was at its best (incipit satan) below mediocre...King shall lay down his instruments and teach his primary-school children! He never wrote good music, even Sagh are just a mediocre Stoner Band, there exist so much better bands than this one...As I already said, I cannot think good of booking "The Force Gorgoroth", they SUCK! And if gaahl personaly comes and asks me, I'll tell this fuckin cowhead!

The only time ive seen Gorgoroth the sound was ideal.  The only down point was that Infernus hit me in the head with his guitar.

Back to the point anyway, I for once agree with Bale.  Infernus has done fuck all for years so he deserves fuck all!  If he had a real claim to the band name, he wouldn't have lost it in the first place.

By Choronzon - 3/7/2008 9:46:14 PM
It's kind of amusing how all those who support Gaahl and King just keep quoting those two guys, saying "Infernus hasn't done anything the last 8 years" and "Gaahl and King have been the driving force behind Gorgoroth" etc. Don't you think the situation may be a little bit more nuanced than that? Just because Infernus hasn't written any songs on the last 2 albums doesn't mean he hasn't done anything in the band for the last 8 years! If a band member isn't credited as songwriter on an album, does that mean that he doesn't do anything in the band? And isn't it just a little bit suspicious that King and Gaahl choose to copyright the band name behind Infernus' back, claiming it's because he's lazy and is doing nothing, when it's a well-known fact that Infernus has been writing new material for more than a year now? I seem to remember a news update on the Gorgoroth website from early 2007 saying so. Maybe King felt that since Infernus has written new material again then King's stuff wouldn't make it onto the next album? King, who's been a "creative force" on ONE AND A HALF (3 of the tracks on Twilight... were not written by King) of SEVEN albums (as well as playing the bass on Incipit Satan), and who recently said in an interview, "Gorgoroth is mine." This is all about money, and not about whether Infernus is lazy or not. King writes the songs -> King gets more royalties; Infernus writes the songs -> King gets LESS royalties. And, of course, the money will be better if you are using a well-known band name such as Gorgoroth, instead of starting a new band from scratch, which would have been the HONOURABLE thing for King and Gaahl to do if they didn't want to work with Infernus anymore. Anyway, I'm sure Infernus will get the name back eventually, anything else would be insane.
By diosyria - 3/17/2008 5:16:50 PM
....... he doesn't do anything in the band?

Well.. he actually sitting in jail 2/3 part of the year so....

By E - 3/20/2008 4:21:34 PM
diosyria (17.03.2008)
....... he doesn't do anything in the band?

Well.. he actually sitting in jail 2/3 part of the year so....

They get a lot of media attention when he goes to jail, so in a way he IS promoting Gorgoroth and therefor working. Smile
By Taylan - 3/26/2008 12:54:55 AM
Gaahl and King may be the `creative forces`, but they need `playing forces` first of all to be a band: which includes the 3 dudes in the band AND themselves.

They were pathetic compared to Behemoth, which was an hour before the `headliner` Gorgoroth.  There was no playing talent.

And for Gaahl: He IS enigmatic, I can give him that.  Enigmatic meaning making you dizzy and sleepy.  Neither he nor any of the other members had any interaction with the audience.

Looking like being `misanthropic` or whatever that is, could be cool for teenagers, but it does not add up to being `satanic`.

Ironically they finished with `Revelation`, which is the major work of art of Gorgoroth by Infernus.